University of New Hampshire
University of New Hampshire or UNH is a world class university and the largest college in the state.
Here are some fun facts about UNH.
• Its main campus is located in Durham, New Hampshire.
• The University came into being in 1866.
• Today, it is also designated as a sea-and-space-grant University and ranks among the top-most research institutions in the nation.
• The University comprises many academic departments, research centers and interdisciplinary institutes.
• The University offers approximately 2000 courses through its following schools and colleges:
- College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Liberal Arts
- School of Business and Economics
- University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Thompson School of Applied Sciences
- The Graduate School
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester
• There are over 200 student organizations provided by the University grouped as under:
- Political and world affairs
- Media and publications
- Academics and careers
- Arts and entertainment
- Leisure and recreation
• The athletic teams of the University are popularly known as "Wildcats".
• The University has been continuously participating in NCAA Division I and is recognized as one of the top national hockey schools.
• University of Hampshire supports a diverse and equitable educational community.
• It fosters a respectful and friendly campus culture with no toleration for harassment and discrimination.
• There are many services provided for the members of the University. Some of these include:
- Counseling Center
- Health Services
- Campus Safety
- Disability Services
- Veterans Support
• The University’s library has more than 2 million volumes. It also has periodical subscriptions and many other document collections.
• University of New Hampshire Inter Operability Laboratory or UNH-IOL offers hands-on experience with data communication technologies and products.
• The Student Senate serves as an advocate and has derived this consent from the government.
• Such an approach encourages student involvement in rules and regulations, policies that affect their lives.
• The University offers bachelor's and graduate degrees in music as well.
• "Awesome Club" is an organization of the University that provides every enrolled student with the opportunity to play music.
• The campus is spread over 1100 acres and consists of academic as well as residential buildings.
• Students have a choice to live in suites, on campus apartments and dorm rooms.
Learn more about University of New Hampshire
Copyright © 2019 http://OnlineCollegeCourses.org